Well, here we are - 37 weeks pregnant, and officially considered "full-term."
While I'm not actually due for about 2 and 1/2 more weeks, Cleetus could come any day now. And, I really can't wait to get this baby on the outside of me! It's just too big to be inside this belly anymore, I feel like I'm stretched to the limit. I've probably got about all the complaints that every 9month pregnant woman has - my back hurts, it's hard to sleep, i have to pee all the time, the braxton-hicks contractions are rather intense, I can't eat enough tums to quench the heart burn, my stomach is so squished I can only eat a little bit at a time & I'm hungry every hour, my wedding band is getting snug, and Cleetus's kicks and nudges are almost painful! On the sunny side - my blood pressure is just fine, I'm not leaking milk yet, and I don't have hemorrhoids (thank god!). At my last doctor appointment (this past tuesday), I was 1cm dilated - which could possibly mean I could go into labor soon, but also could mean nothing because some women are dilated 2-3 cm for weeks before going into labor. I guess we'll see where I'm at this week...
Of course - the big question I get a lot these days is "Are you ready?" I'm not sure how to answer that...I mean, "Ready for what?"
Ready to be mom? - No, but, is anyone ready to become a parent? I am ready to start figuring out how to be a parent, so sure.
Ready to go through child birth? Hecks no...but, I'm anxious to get it over with. I sorta feel like I did in the weeks leading up to the marathon last year; I oscillated between wishing I had another 10 weeks to get ready for it, and wishing I could just go out and run it & get it over with. I'm excited and nervous - but, figure that none of us would be in this world if it was really that awful.
Ready for the baby? Pretty much. We have the cradle and the changing table put together. The bathroom is stocked with clean little baby towels and various tear-free soaps. The dresser is full of washed and folded onesies, tee-shirts, socks, and blankets. We figured out how to work and install the car seat today. We also got our first set of diapers from the diaper service, today, so we're ready for the poop. Yes - we're doing cloth diapers...my environmentally concerned side couldn't help herself, plus - the diaper service makes it too easy. A Little Behind if you live in the Pittsburgh area and are interested.
So, hopefully I won't have too many more posts on this blog before they are pictures of Cleetus. I am in Amanda's wedding next weekend - so, chances are you all will get the joy of pictures of me filling out a bridesmaid dress like none-else. :)
1 comment:
It's going to get fun now. :) At least you have some friends who can fill you in on any interesting tidbits that aren't found in books.
See you Friday!
Post a Comment