It came like a monster in the night - I just woke up one morning around week 7, feeling like I was going to throw up. Then came the funny taste in my mouth. And worse, it didn't go away. I'm not sure who came up with the name "morning" sickness, but I'll say it should be "super enduring" sickness. From that dreadful day in week 7 to around week 14, I was exhausted and nauseated, endlessly. I didn't throw up that often, but I wished I would because it might actually have helped me feel better. Eating and drinking anything was hard - I even gagged on water! It seemed to change every day what I could stand to put in my mouth, one day it was turkey another day macaroni and cheese. The only things I seemed to be able to consistently tolerate were chocolate ice cream, lemonade, and saltines. Some of my normally favorite foods - like chinese, repulsed me. Every prenatal vitamin I tried made it worse - even flinstone's chewables. I read every article I could find online about how to deal with it, but, it turns out, that there was nothing I could do but survive it.
The smells in lab at school had me gagging all through the day. Matt had to take over the litter box duty - and I was constantly accusing him of not cleaning it, even though he just had! I could smell anything a mile away & almost everything grossed me out.
Oh, and if the constant nausea wasn't enough for mother nature and Cleetus to throw at me; I was also constipated and had more gas then the cafeteria food at Seton Hill gave me! My stomach pretty much hurt from top to bottom and I was totally bloated. I couldn't stand to button my pants & used rubber bands instead; even though I actually lost about 5 pounds! As a result, I can't actually say when I really started needing maternity clothes. Plus - my acne flared up like I was 15 again - huge painful nasty zits everywhere & I had to stop using all my acne medications, which probably aggravated it more.
So - after spending about 7 weeks thinking "Why, oh why in the world, would anyone have more then one kid?" It went away. Well, mostly. The nausea went away, the gas and constipation has stuck around - but that is quite tolerable. My face is back to only moderately broken out. I can eat most foods again (although chinese does still repulse me...).
I can most definitely say that being pregnant is not all wonderful and magical. If you happen to be one of those women who don't get morning sickness - count your lucky stars, I'm super super jealous of you!!!!!!! I wouldn't wish it on any of my friends, but, if you have to struggle through it too - just know it ends. It does get better. And then, when you see your first ultra sound - and the little one floating around happily, its all worth it (but I'm still not having 10 kids - no way!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment