Shortly after his 4 month doctor appointment, Luke got his first cold. I came home from school around 9 pm - and Matt asks me if Luke looks red. His poor little cheeks were burning up & he had a fever of 102.2. So - I gave him some tylenol and called the doctor. She said to keep an eye on the temperature, and if it doesn't go down, to take him to the hospital. Well, normally I wouldn't be so worried, but we were planning to leave for Savannah the next morning & I was quite nervous about taking Luke for his first plane ride while sick! So, to be on the safe side, we went to the hospital at 6 in the morning before our flights. They diagnosed Luke with a little cold - and it turned out I wasn't giving him nearly enough tylenol for his size (I was using the age to determine dose...instead of size, he needed more than double what I was giving him!).
So, comforted that it was just a cold and not an infection, we headed off to Savannah. Luke did super well on his first plane rides (just slept the whole way - I'm sure much to the relief of the people on the plane around us). We had fun in Savannah and got to visit with our friends Chris & Christi. Due to his cold, poor Luke was pretty fussy and sleepy and didn't have much of an appetite (which left poor me quite engorged all weekend!). However, he was a trooper none the less, and hung in there as we shlepped him around. It was great to get some fresh air and sunshine.
After we got back from Savannah, Luke started going to day care two afternoons a week. He seems to be doing alright with it, although he isn't too crazy about eating out of the bottle there. So, he has "reverse cycled" - and doens't eat much during the day, and wakes up to eat about every 2 hours all night!! In some ways its nice, because I don't have to worry about pumping as much, but I miss the sleep. I think that we might have to start him on some cereal soon - although I'm trying to hold off until he hits that six month mark (but I'm not sure how much more sleepless nights I can take!).
He is five months now - but he didn't really have a five month birthday because of being born the 30th. He weighs about 18 lbs now (according to the scale when I weight myself with and without him - so I don't the exact amount). He has outgrown all this 6 month clothes, and is into 9 or 12 month clothes depending on the brand. We moved him out of the infant carrier car seat into a rear-facing convertible one because it was just too heavy to carry with him in it, and the belts barely fit, and with a winter coat on they couldn't buckle at all!
He can almost roll over - he gets all the way onto his side, but not quite over to his tummy yet. He is so strong, too, he "stands" really well. I think once he starts moving around, he's going to trouble!!! He has been teething lately, too - lots of drool and loves to chomp on my finger. No teeth have broken through yet, but, I'm sure its just a matter of time. He has also started to be able to grab at things that peek his interest and hold onto toys. He just loves to look around at everything. Here is one last picture, at about 4 and 1/2 months old
Hopefully Matt will be adding more updates & new pictures soon!!!
1 comment:
First of all - Luke is ADORABLE! And quite the traveler already. I'm SO impressed that you've managed to nourish your baby up to 18 pounds just on your milk. Finn is still under 18 pounds at 9 months and that is with milk AND food (cereal since 4 months!). And yes, we need more regular updates, so you and Matt are going to have to get on it! =)
Post a Comment